Top Questions to Ask a Prospective Property Manager
Selecting a property manager is one of the most important decisions you will make. They will be in charge of many key responsibilities that will affect the failure or success of your rental property. Because selecting a property manager is of the utmost importance and can be a complicated task, Harland Property Management in San Diego recommends asking the following questions. These questions will help ensure the competency of the property management company and will also provide the information needed for you to confidently make a decision.
- How long has your company been in business?
- How many properties do you manage?
- What kind of properties do you manage?
- How large is your staff and who will I be working with directly?
Cost of Services
- How much is the leasing fee per month?
- What are the management fees during the rental period?
- Are there fees charged when the property is vacant?
- Do costs vary depending on home, apartment or commercial lease?
Management, Maintenance and Repairs
- What is included in the maintenance fee?
- Is outdoor landscaping and upkeep included?
- How quickly will repairs be attended to?
- Will you consult with me before making any repairs?
- Do you work with specific contractors or companies?
Marketing & Advertising
- How will the rental price of my property be determined?
- Where will you market my rental property?
- What information will be posted or included in the ads?
- What is your process for tenant screening in San Diego?
- What are your minimums for credit checks?
- Do you offer eviction protection if a tenant doesn’t work out?
- How long does it take to process an application?
Reliable property management companies will be able to thoroughly answer these questions to your satisfaction. To learn more about finding the right management company for your property, contact Harland Property Management today at 858-367-0343.